Friday, April 11, 2014

Memoir Unit Blog #1

     If my life was chronicled as a memoir, I would include when I worked at a summer camp for eight weeks last year. This was a boy scout camp called chief logan reservation. I worked as a merit badge counselor for the nature area. This meant that I would teach young scouts about the local plants and wildlife. I would teach them how to recognize and identify different plants to avoid such as poison ivy, but also edible plants such as raspberries. I learned a lot through scouting and by working at this camp I was able to pass on what I had learned to others. It was a really good time for me and a great way to spend my summer. I made a lot of great friends. I plan on returning this summer and will be even better now that I have the experience of last summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment